This place of worship, which was founded in 1165, is a landmark of the Christian reconquest of Portugal led by King Afonso Henriques.
Today, the Church of our Lady of the Consolation is very different from the original church, which was founded in 1165. The portal remains from the Mannerist period and the inside of the church is lined with a set of tile panels from the first half of the 18th Century. The original building was a landmark of the Christian reconquest of Portugal led by King Afonso Henriques. The church, which has a regular longitudinal layout, comprises the church itself, a rectangular bell tower and annexes. The façade is in the plain architectural style. The church comprises a nave, a chancel and sacristy and the walls are lined with blue and white tiles. The chancel, which leads to the sacristy, is separated from the nave by a triumphal arch.