THE LISBON TOURISM ASSOCIATION - VISITORS & CONVENTION BUREAU was established in 1997 and its main objectives are:
- The sustained tourism development in its area of intervention.
- The promotion of Lisbon as a tourist destination in leisure articles.
- The promotion of Lisbon as a venue for congresses, fairs and as an incentive trip destination.
- The provision of Information and support for visiting tourists.
The Lisbon Tourism Association is a nonprofit Private Association:
- It is the Regional Tourism Promotion Agency for the Region of Lisbon since 2004, maintaining international tourism promotion as its main activity.
- It is responsible for promotion and tourist information of Lisbon.
- It collaborates in the organization of events in the city of Lisbon.
- It is Vice-President of the Portuguese Tourism Confederation.
- It is a member of the Strategic Business Council of the Portuguese Industrial Association.
- It is a member of the Strategic Council for Tourism Promotion.
The Lisbon Tourism Association is directed by Governing Bodies, elected every three years, whose composition includes Official Bodies, Business Associations and individual associates in a total of 23 elements representing the various categories of members. The Presidency of the Board is held by the Municipality of Lisbon, and the Deputy Presidency is exercised by a private entity.